Preparation for Preschool

As I was doing my early morning routine, I was surprised to see my eldest daughter woke up early one day. I saw that she was holding her "pooh" backpack. I told her that she was too early to be up and about. I asked her where she was going with her backpack. To my amazement, she answered, "Skul!" And so I asked her what's the contents of her backpack. I found her Jollibee stuff toy, blow-horn, toy car and stickers. So I asked her if she was going to school where was her pen and paper. She replied with an innocent grin, "I know!" To translate it, it means she doesn't know.

My daughter, who is just 3 years old, is already excited in going to school. Some told me that I shouldn't enter her early into school because she might lose interest right away. But I couldn't resist everytime I see the delight in her eyes whenever she sees girls her age in uniforms and when she watches the video of her cousins
interpreting a song through actions, which she mimics with full of enthusiasm. Mind you! She already knows her nursery rhymes by heart, not that perfect though but at least she knows how to sing and sway to the music. And that's what preschool is about - Playing and learning.

Earlier, I was contemplating on entering her into homeschool. This offer was our best option since my husband and I works and takes care of the kids at the same time. I know you must be confused. Me too. How in the world did we manage it? Only parents of the same situation as ours will understand. But now, since we already have someone to help us out in the household chores, I've decided to enter her into a regular school because I can see it in her personality that she likes mingling and relating to other kids, even older than she is. Homeschool wouldn't be appropriate for her. Although, the homeschool I'm referring to have some activities that would require her to socialize with other homeschoolers, still it was on a weekly basis and I'm not yet sure if the system will fit our daughter. Eventually, I will think about it especially if the tuition fee rises above our income bracket. But for now, I'm really excited for my kid's first step to preschool. Hopefully, I won't be having problems of leaving her in school. But the school requires first one week supervision by the parents. By the way, the preschool that I'd be enrolling her was the same preschool I went to when I was just her age. :)

Comments