Are we safe from Melamine now?

BFAD have already released all the list of products that are safe from Melamine. You can check this site for the updated list. But there are some supermarkets, because of their greed, have the guts, to still keep these products on their shelves. But if found, they could be sanctioned by the authorities. I remember the time when Fisher Price, a known manufacturer of toys, have recalled some of their products for possible lead contamination. Turned out some of their products were China-made. I was scared because my mother sent exactly the same toy which was one of those banned, which is a Dora doll. It was the favorite toy of my youngest because she likes Dora very much. For a time she had lost her appetite for food and became sick. Recently, our previous maid have re-arranged our cabinets and retrieved the already-hidden doll. I was mad at her for removing it from our cabinets so I said to her to burn the doll. There was also a time when my husband was fond of buying candies wrapped in foils from China, on which I vehemently disagreed because I'm just not OK with it.

Since this Melamine Scare, I'm quite aware or should I say paranoid? Of the food that goes into my daughter's mouth. I think it's safe to say that fruits and veggies are enough to feed them. But heck even those have chemical fertilizers in them.


Comments